How To Search Police Records Online
There is a plethora of reasons one would want to access police records online. Maybe you have a new neighbor that just moved in, and something feels off. Maybe you want to reconnect with a lost love and see where they ended up. Or maybe, you just got bored and want to do a little digging on people you know.
That’s where advanced people-searches, like the one on CheckPeople.com, come in handy.
How To Get Name Based Or Fingerprint Based Record Checks
If you require a name based record check for any other reason , you may apply online.
- Visa application
- Nexus or fast card application
- Border crossing
If you require a fingerprint based record check, please attend Commissionaires Office. See below examples.
- Clearance letter for Immigration
- Fingerprints for level 1 or 2 not being requested by London Police
- Border waiver
- Under 18 for Citizenship
- Criminal Record Check for Personal Use and any type of government employment
1730 Dundas Street or 14-1112 Dearness Drive
When And Why Are Police Record Checks Used
- A PRC may be required by law or organizational policy
- A PRC may be a useful tool to help determine an individuals suitability for certain types of opportunities
- PRCs are just one of the tools available, in addition to interviews, reference checks, verification of credentials/licences/certifications, and in some cases, more thorough background checks
- Agencies can only require an applicant to apply for one of the three types of PRCs and are not permitted to ask applicants to provide any additional police records
Don’t Miss: How To Become A Police Officer In Arizona
How Do I Pick Up My Check
Once payment has been confirmed and the application has been submitted, a Customer Service Representative will begin to complete the request. The applicant will receive an email to attend the police facility when the check has been completed.
When picking up the check, the applicant must provide identification .
Do I Need A Criminal Record Check Or A Vulnerable Sector Check
Different employers or institutions require different types of background checks.
A criminal record check simply verifies whether or not you have a criminal record.
A vulnerable sector check is a special type of criminal record check required for situations where you will be in a position of trust or authority over children, the elderly, the disabled, or another vulnerable group.
A vulnerable sector check involves a name-based search of the national repository of criminal convictions, a search of locally held convictions at Halifax Regional Police and a query of the pardoned sex-offender database. In some cases, you may be required to submit your fingerprints if there is a match based on either your name or a combination of your gender and date of birth to a pardoned sex offender record. Applicants with a potential match will be contacted by Halifax Regional Police and asked to come to Police Headquarters to have their fingerprints taken electronically. You can have your fingerprints taken Monday to Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Find out more about vulnerable sector checks from the RCMP.
Also Check: How To Receive A Police Report
How Do I Check My Criminal Record
Written by on June 18, 2021. Posted in News.
When applying to specific companies, organizations and institutes, certain things are required to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the job or not. Some of the requirements include cover letters, CVs, and letters of recommendation.
However, some institutions require a background check in addition to the information provided. This is to make sure that the details you gave are facts and not made up. One question many people often ask is, how do I check my criminal record?
An answer to this question will be provided here, alongside some essential things you should know about checking your criminal record.
Types Of Police Record Checks:
The Police Record Checks Reform Act, became law on November 1, 2018, fundamentally changing the rules around what police can tell prospective employers, volunteer agencies and foreign governments and residents of Ontario. Effective November 1, 2018, information disclosed and included in a police record check has been standardized for three types of checks:
|Includes applicable criminal convictions and findings of guilt under the federal Youth Criminal Justice Act.|
Criminal Record Check & Judicial Matters Check
|Includes applicable criminal convictions, findings of guilt under the federal Youth Criminal Justice Act, absolute and conditional discharges, outstanding charges, arrest warrants, and certain judicial orders.|
Vulnerable Sector Check
|Includes the same type of information that is disclosed in a criminal record and judicial matters check as well as applicable findings of not criminally responsible due to mental disorder, record suspensions related to sexually-based offences, and in certain circumstances, non-conviction charge related information when a strict test is met. The Vulnerable Sector Check is intended to be used for a specific purpose: to screen individuals that work or volunteer in positions of trust and/or authority relative to vulnerable individuals .|
Don’t Miss: How To Become A Police Officer In Illinois
Acceptable Forms Of Identification
In order to release or confirm confidential information regarding your criminal record, or lack thereof, we require sufficient proper identification to verify your identity. The applicant must produce two pieces of appropriate identification that confirms their name, date of birth and address. One piece of identification presented must include a photo.
The following is a list of items that are considered acceptable forms of identification.
which provides photo and both the name and date of birth of an individual:
- Driver’s Licence
- Age of Majority Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Firearms Licence
- Government Employment Card
Non-Photo Identification which provides both the name and date of birth of an individual:
- Birth Certificate
- Immigration Papers
- Outdoors Card
- Recent utility bill required to verify current Waterloo Region address if no driver’s licence is available.
- People under 16 can provide school ID, bus pass and/or their parent can provide verification
For further information, please contact 519-570-9777 ext. 8900.
Police Record Extract Via E
To use the e-service, you must have an e-mail address that you are willing to provide.
Do not use the e-service if:
- You are a citizen of an EU country other than Sweden or the United Kingdom.
- You want an extract for checking your own information sent to your special postal address or Poste Restante.
Then use the appropriate form instead.
If you are unable to use the e-service, please use one of the forms.
Don’t Miss: How To File Lawsuit Against Police
Apply For An Online Record Check Now
Please note: Health cards and Social Insurance Number cards are not accepted. Requests for any level of police record check can be made only by the applicant. Third-party requests will not be accepted.
If fingerprints have been taken in the past or it is discovered that fingerprints are necessary for any reason, the online process will stop and the applicant will be asked to attend the Community Resource Centre to complete the application.
How Long Does It Take To Receive My Completed Police Record Check
The turnaround time for police record checks can vary depending on the volume of requests we are experiencing. There may also be occasions where information is delayed or requires further confirmation. We appreciate that everyone would like their check completed as quickly as possible, and we strive to minimize the turnaround time as best we can.
Also Check: Are Police Reports Public Information
What Can Be Revealed In A Background Criminal Record Check
A background check can provide the following information on an individual: employment history, driving history, educational background, medical records, compensation, credit history, bankruptcy, references, etc.
The most requested information, however, is the criminal record. The criminal history shows a record of any misdemeanors, felonies, crimes, sex offender information, court records, DUIs, parole violations, convictions, sentences, etc., of an applicant.
It also shows court dismissals and guilty or not guilty verdicts given to an individual. If there is an active warrant on a person, it will show in a criminal record. The record check also shows past crimes like juvenile offenses.
Employment Or Volunteer Services Not Involving Children Or Vulnerable Adults
This PIC is restricted to criminal convictions, outstanding criminal charges and warrants, as well as other judicial orders. This report can be used to gain employment outside of Canada.
Canadian applicants who are outside of Canada can apply for a PIC by visiting a local police force or a nearby consulate.
You can apply for a PIC-VS or PIC in-person at your local RCMP detachment or a policy agency. You will need two pieces of government-issued identification and one of them must have a photo.
Recommended Reading: Who Can Obtain A Police Report
Can I Get My Police Check Done Any Faster
We do not have a system in place to process ‘rush’ requests. We appreciate that everyone would like their check completed as quickly as possible, and we strive to minimize the turnaround time as best we can.
Can I receive replacement copies of my background check?
Background checks are only valid as of the date they are issued. Most record checks are made available to you when you download them from your online account. You have 31 days to download the completed record check or to notify us of any technical difficulties. In some cases, we are still required to mail the completed record check using Canada Post. If you require a replacement paper copy , you have 90 days from the processing date to notify us. Please email our to submit your request.
Police Information Check Process Civil
The standard pre-employment, pre-volunteer check for the Regina Police Service is the Police Information Check.
Standard Police Information Check/Criminal Record Check The standard police information check includes in addition to a CPIC criminal record search, a check of the local indices of the Regina Police Service. The following information, if applicable, shall be included in the letter:
- All printable and non-printable convictions with respect to the subject which are found in the local records of the agency performing the Criminal Occurrence Security Check.Note: There is no time limit on the inclusion of convictions, other than what is stated in the Youth Criminal Justice Act for youth records, and in the Criminal Records Act for offences for which pardons have been granted and not revoked, absolute discharges, and conditional discharges.
- If someone has to be printed to confirm a criminal record in the National Repository, they will additionally receive a Certified Criminal Record from the National Repository in Ottawa.
- Apprehensions, orders, or other matters related to The Mental Health Services Act or to The Youth Drug Detoxification and Stabilization Act will not be disclosed.
In some cases, an organization may require a person obtain only a Certified Criminal Record Check or in addition, a Certified Criminal Record Check from Ottawa confirmed by prints. The standard Federal form is used to consent and print and can also be done by the Regina Police Service.
You May Like: How To Obtain A Police Report In Minnesota
How Do I Check My Criminal Record Online In Australia
Applying for your criminal record online is the fastest, easiest and a secure means of obtaining it. The remains one of the most popular and quickest ways to apply for the Criminal Record Check.
The online application can be completed from the comfort of your home using a PC, tablet or mobile device. As long as your device is connected to a stable internet source, the application will take less than 5 minutes.
All completed and successful applications will receive an email of their criminal record certificate within 24 and 48 hours. The remaining that get referred automatically for manual processing will take between 3 to 15 days. Instant SMS updates will also be sent via the phone number provided.
If you want the hardcopy of your criminal record clearance, you can request it through the link, but for an additional fee.
Accessing Your Own Criminal Record
You have the right to access your own criminal record. You can request a copy from the RCMP or your local police under the Privacy Act of Canada. Criminal record checks are completed by municipal police and local RCMP detachments.
If you find inaccuracies or errors in your criminal record, you can request that corrections be made under the Privacy Act. Make your request to your local police station.
For more information on how to use the Privacy Act to obtain and correct criminal record information, see: Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
Refer to the section on court records for more information on the difference between a criminal record and a court record.
Read Also: How To File A Hit And Run Police Report
What Is A Police Certificate
A police certificate is a statement that you dont have a criminal record or, if you have one, a copy of your criminal record. They help us confirm if there are any reasons you may be inadmissible to Canada.
Police certificates are different in each country and territory. They may be called:
- police clearance certificates
- judicial record extracts or
- other names
If your certificate is in a language other than English or French, send the police certificate along with a translation from a certified translator.
More Information For Agencies And Applicants
Consider reading our Record Check Fact Sheets
You May Like: Can Police Track My Stolen Phone
Softcopy Record Check Result:
Softcopy Record Checks are sent by the Ottawa Police Service to the Record Check applicant’s email with a .pdf attachment.
Using a pdf reader , open the .pdf.
Confirm the Record Check you have received is in fact your Record Check and that all information is accurate.
At the top of the .pdf’s first page you will see either :
“The file you have opened complies with the PDF/A standard and has been opened read-only to prevent modification”
“Signed and all signatures are valid”
5. In the result portion of the Record Check, there will be a box selected . This is the result of the Record Check.
6. At the bottom of the page you will find the Digital Signature from the Ottawa Police Service.
7. Select the “Click here to verify Digital Signature”. This will open up the Signature Validation status. You will be able to see here that “The Document has not been modified since it was certified”. This certifies that the Record Check is authentic.
8. Confirm that the “Date Completed” and “Cadre Number” fields are filled in.
The Ottawa Police Service provides fingerprinting for the following services:
- If the results of a records check completed by Ottawa Police Service indicate fingerprints must be submitted to complete the application.
- All other fingerprinting services are provided by in the Ottawa/Gatineau region. This includes for government employment, immigration, record suspension applications, etc.
How To Get A Criminal Record Check In Bc
Requesting a criminal record check online or in-person is a matter of ensuring public safety. Employers and landlords put in this request to protect vulnerable people, such as children. Sometimes individuals must undergo a background check before or after they have been offered a job, as well as before they can sign a lease.
If you are facing a criminal record check, our team of lawyers have provided you with many answers to clarify the process.
Read Also: How To Get A Police Report Online
How To Request Verification That A Record Has Been Sealed
Individuals or their lawyer can use the forms that follow to receive verification from the Division of Criminal Justice Services that a court-ordered seal as defined by state Criminal Procedure Law 160.59, 160.55, or 160.50 has been applied to their New York State Criminal History Record.
- This form should be used by individuals who have applied for and received a court order seal related to a conviction that occurred more than 10 years ago.
- This form should be used by individuals requesting verification of a seal related to a felony or misdemeanor arrest that resulted in a conviction to either a traffic infraction or violation.
- This form should be used by individuals requesting verification of a seal related to an arrest that resulted in the termination of the criminal proceedings in their favor .
Note: A copy of the signed court seal order must be mailed with the verification form.
How Do I Find Police Records
If you want to find police records quickly and easily, the fastest way to do so is to do a search on SpyFly. You can have access to some of the largest databases in the country that are filled with public information. Other ways that you could find police records are to:
- File a request with the local police department
- File a request with your county recorders office
- File a request with the state department that you live in
Sometimes you can get access to records within a couple of months, and sometimes it can take years, depending on where you are searching for them.
Also Check: How Do I Send An Anonymous Tip To The Police
How Do I Get Police Records
The fastest and most convenient way to get police records is to do a search through the SpyFly search platform. All you have to do is type in some basic information, then be prepared to get tons of information. Other ways that you might be able to obtain police records is to:
- Request the records from the police station
- File for record information through the county court
- Request the federal government for police records
Any time you request information from a government facility, they will have you fill out paperwork and pay the requested fees. It can take months, even years, to get the information.