Upon Completion Of This Report Process You Will:
- See the words: “Your online police report has been submitted”.
- You will then immediately receive a temporary police report file number and an email informing you that we have received your report and that it is pending review. A temporary file number will appear in this format: T11000999. Temporary file numbers cannot be used for insurance purposes.
- If you do not receive an email with a temporary file number, please check your Spam or Junk-Email folder.
- A police officer will review your report and either Approve, Reject or request additional follow-up information from you. You will be advised via email of the status of your report. Do not reply via email to any of these automated messages as these accounts are not monitored. Follow the directions provided on how to respond regarding your report.
- Once your report is approved, you will receive a permanent report number – this number appears in this format: 11-123456.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records only. This copy cannot be used for insurance purposes.
What Do You Have To Do To File A Police Report For A Stolen Wallet Online
Your wallet is lost or stolen. Just what do you have to do to file a report online? You may have to file these steps.
What Happens After I File A Report
Recommended Reading: Can You Sue The Police For Emotional Distress
Read Also: Can Anyone Access A Police Report
Lost Or Mislaid Property
You have lost or mislaid your property. For example, you spend the day running errands and when you get home you notice your sunglasses are missing. You cannot specifically remember where you last saw them.
If you can remember the last location of the item, do not use this report type report the item as a theft. For example, you leave your phone on the table at a restaurant. After leaving you realize you forgot your phone. Upon returning to the restaurant the phone is gone and has not been turned into the business.
Reports You Cannot Submit Online
- House and business break and enters
- Domestic disputes
- Theft of a vehicle
- Any type of fraud resulting in the loss of funds/personal information or property, including fraudulent use of debit or credit cards
- Incidents that involve lost / stolen citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, immigration documents, government cheques, or cash from the government
- Incidents involving firearms
- Stolen property for sale online such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
These crimes may require a dispatched call. Please phone the Police non-emergency line 266-1234.
FOR EMERGENCIES OR CRIMES IN PROGRESS CALL 9-1-1.
Also Check: How To Become A Police Officer In Miami Florida
Report Theft From A Retail Location Now
Please note: This function is only available to designated employees of the Liquor Control Board of Ontario as part of a York Regional Police pilot project beginning Summer 2018. Do not use this report if you are not an LCBO employee.
Citizens who may have witnessed a retail theft should contact the York Regional Police non-emergency line at 1-866-876-5423.
Damage/ Mischief To Property
Has someone damaged, defaced or vandalized public or private property? This may include:
- Breaking windows, mailboxes, throwing eggs, spray painting, writing or drawing on property.
- Accepted only if there are no known suspects.Please Note: If you were a victim of graffiti vandalism, paint vouchers and graffiti wipes are available for pick up at Police Headquarters.
Read Also: How To Become A Certified Police Officer In Florida
How To Report A Crime In San Francisco
Make the right call!
Dial only in an emergency
It is an emergency if: there is an immediate threat to you or others the crime involves a weapon the crime is in progress or you know the suspects location.
If it is not an emergency, you will get help most quickly by calling our non-emergency line, at for crimes that occurred in San Francisco.
Start An Online Police Report In: English
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME
If your incident did not meet the criteria for online reporting, please dial 1-877-ASK-LAPD
for Non-Emergency Police Response.
Welcome to the Los Angeles Police Department Community Online Reporting Service. Using this service allows you to submit select police reports at your convenience.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR CRIME IN PROGRESS, PLEASE CALL 911.
To File an Illegal Dumping Report Online:
- Illegal Dumping: Willfully or intentionally depositing, dropping, dumping, placing, or throwing onto public or private property. Illegal dumping is reported and handled by the City of Los Angeles Department of Sanitation. Please to file a report.
Your incident must meet the following criteria:
- The incident is not an emergency.
- The incident occurred within the City of Los Angeles.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- No one was injured as a result of this incident.
- There are no known suspects.
- The incident did not occur on the state highway.
- No firearms were involved in the incident.
- You must have internet access and an email address.
Once you have submitted your report:
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Anyone filing a false police report may be prosecuted under California Penal Code section 148.5 PC. Filing a false police report is punishable by imprisonment in county jail not exceeding 6 months, or by fine not exceeding $1,000, or by both.
Read Also: How To Join The Police Academy In California
What Evidence Do You Need
The police will need essential details from you, such as the date and time of the offence and who the victim and suspects are. If you tried to contact the seller you may have even exchanged names and addresses using the contact member system. These details will be useful to the police in trying to trace the other person and establishing whether or not theyve committed an offence.
If youve exchanged emails with the other person, make sure that you keep them and print copies to provide to the police. If possible, print any eBay or PayPal web pages relating to your transaction.
You May Like: What Asvab Score Is Needed For Military Police
Making A Police Report Online Is Fast Easy And Secure
The Boulder Police Department offers several ways to report a crime. Remember to Always Call 9-1-1 for Emergencies.
Welcome to the Boulder Police Department Community Online Reporting System. Using the online system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy for free. Please read all instructions before completing the form. If the crime you wish to report is not listed below, or if you have any questions, please contact the Boulder Police Department Communications Center at 303-441-3333.
Also Check: How To Make A Police Statement
Filing A Police Report Online
This system allows you to submit a report from your computer or mobile device without going to an OPP detachment. All submissions will be sent directly to the OPP and reviewed by an officer. You may be contacted to provide more information. You must have a valid e-mail address in order to submit a report.
To file a report online, please follow the simple steps below:
Will My Case Be Investigated
- Due to the nature of the reports filed they have no known suspects or information to follow up on we wont be able to investigate most cases.
- All cases filed through the online reporting system will be reviewed and will help us track crime trends and patterns.
- The reports filed online are also usually the quickest and easiest way to get a report for your insurance company.
You May Like: How To Look At Your Police Record
To File A Police Report See Options Below
NOTICE: Please see below a breakdown of what you CAN and CANNOT file online. Any report filed online not meeting the below-listed requirements WILL BE REDIRECTED. Please read the information below carefully.
Types of Crime Reports That Can Be Filed Online:
- Harassing phone calls.
- Vehicle burglary: property stolen from a vehicle.
- Vehicle tampering, including vandalism.
- Theft unless it involves a residential or commercial burglary or the stolen property is a passport, firearm, license plate, car or electric vehicle. Electric bikes, scooters, and Segway are allowed only when there is no serial number. In those cases, call our non-emergency number at .
Types of Crime Reports That CANNOT Be Filed Online:
- Residential Burglaries
- Robbery Incidents
- Traffic Collisions AND Hit & Run Traffic Collisions
- Stolen Vehicles
- Stolen Electric Bicycles WITH Serial Numbers
- Cases WITH Suspect Names
For Crime Reports That CANNOT Be Filed Online, Please Go To Your Nearest Police Station.
Why Use Donotpay To File A Police Report For A Stolen Wallet
Dealing with the aftermath of a stolen wallet is complicated. You have many items from your wallet to replace, a bank account to monitor for unauthorized transactions, and a lot of questions about what you need to do next.
DoNotPay can make the entire process faster and easier.
|You dont have to spend hours trying to solve the issue.|
|Easy||You dont have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem.|
|Successful||You can rest assured knowing well make the best case for you.|
Even better, it can allow you to take care of many of the other tasks associated with a stolen wallet, from canceling your bank card to filing a claim for an unauthorized transaction, all in one easy place. Did you have other items stolen at the same time? DoNotPay can take care of those, too.
Don’t Miss: How To Sue The City Police Department
How Can You File A Police Report For Stolen Property
To file a police report for a stolen item, first make contact with the police department. Then provide the additional information the police needs to locate the item. Detailed information helps the police, and a thorough report makes insurance claims easier to navigate.
To report an item as stolen, call the police department as soon as possible. Some jurisdictions have a non-emergency number to be used for cases such as stolen property. The department will dispatch an officer to the location or will provide instructions for meeting with an officer at the precinct.
An items description, make, model and serial number, along with pictures, are important to include in a police report. Receipts, appraisals and other information to document purchase date and worth are helpful in insurance claims and need to accompany the police report. Provide as much information about the stolen item as possible.
Tell the officer about the day and time the item was discovered missing. Include the last time the item was seen and its location. If any other items were misplaced or damaged, include that information as well. Providing names and descriptions of any people suspected of taking the item can help officers generate leads.
Crimes Not In Progress
Depending on where the crime occurred, you may report the crime to agencies such as the MTA police, NY State Police, or Port Authority Police, if the location of the crime falls within their respective jurisdictions. Otherwise, for certain report types, you can file an online police report or you can visit your local precinct.
You May Like: How Can You Be A Police Officer
Also Check: How To Research A Police Officer
Damage/mischief To A Vehicle
Has someone damaged, defaced, or vandalized your vehicle? This might include:
- Denting, scratching or keying the vehicle
- Throwing eggs or another object at the vehicle
- Breaking windows or lights
Please note: If the theft is still in progress, or you know the location or identity of the suspect, call 9-1-1. Gas thefts can also be reported in Chinese, Farsi, Italian and Russian.
When Should I Call Police Instead
- If you have a known suspect. If you know the name or address of the suspect, or if you know the license plate of the vehicle associated to the suspect, please contact Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311
- If the value of theft, loss or property damage is more than $10,000.00
- If your vehicle has been stolen
- If the incident occurred outside of Brampton or Mississauga. Please contact the police service responsible for the area in which the incident occurred
- If someone broke into, or attempted to break into your home, garage or business
- If this is the theft or loss of a firearm
- If this is related to any form of personal violence, including domestic violence.
- If this is related to any kind of vandalism or graffiti that could be hate motivated
- If this is related to a traffic complaint that is in progress
Also Check: Can You Be A Police Officer With A Misdemeanor
Use Donotpay To Quickly File A Police Report
Do you need help filing a police report online for your stolen items? Let DoNotPay help you get the process started. When your personal belongings are unexpectedly taken, filing a police report can feel overwhelming. DoNotPay will gather information from you and submit the report on your behalf.
Here’s how DoNotPay can help.
Please note: This product is NOT anonymous. Your information will be provided to the police upon filing.
Here’s how you can file a police report using DoNotPay:
If you want to file a police report but don’t know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
1. Search “police report” on DoNotPay and select the type of incident you would like to report.
2. Tell us more about the incident that occurred, including the location, date, time, and sequence of events. Include information on financial losses, personal injuries, or property damage that happened as a result.
3. List any suspects or witnesses you are aware of, verify your contact information, and submit.
And that’s it! DoNotPay will file the police report on your behalf to the police department that regulates the district the incident occurred in. You should hear back from them with further questions and status updates within 2 weeks.
How Do I Make A Police Report
The simplest way of reporting a crime is to go to your local police station or to call the local police operator on a non-emergency number. In most cases your report can be taken by telephone and followed up later. Some forces have an online crime reporting system, which you may be able to find on the web. A list of law enforcement agencies in Canada can be found here.
Recommended Reading: Can I Request A Copy Of My Police Statement
Also Check: How To File A Police Complaint Online
You Cannot File A Report Online If
- A threat was made or violence was used during the incident. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you are no longer in danger, please call us at 613-236-1222, extension 7300.
- Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident. Please call 613-236-1222, extension 7300 to file a report.
- The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa. Please contact the police service in the city where the incident happened to file a report.
- The stolen property is a passport
- The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number. Please contact your service provider to get a replacement.
Welcome To The Mesa Police Department Citizen’snon
|IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR A CRIME IS IN PROGRESS, PLEASE CALL 9-1-1.|
Things to know when you report online:
|An email account is required to submit an online report. If you do not have an email account, create a free email account using Google or Yahoo and return to this page when you have one set up.|
|Please Note: Filing a false police report is a crime! Anyone filing a false report may be prosecuted under Arizona Penal Code section 13-2907.01A of the Arizona Revised Statutes.|
Follow these steps to find out if online filing is right for you:
Don’t Miss: Can Police Locate You By Cell Phone