Start An Online Police Report In: English
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME
If your incident did not meet the criteria for online reporting, please dial 1-877-ASK-LAPD
for Non-Emergency Police Response.
Welcome to the Los Angeles Police Department Community Online Reporting Service. Using this service allows you to submit select police reports at your convenience.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR CRIME IN PROGRESS, PLEASE CALL 911.
To File an Illegal Dumping Report Online:
- Illegal Dumping: Willfully or intentionally depositing, dropping, dumping, placing, or throwing onto public or private property. Illegal dumping is reported and handled by the City of Los Angeles Department of Sanitation. Please to file a report.
Your incident must meet the following criteria:
- The incident is not an emergency.
- The incident occurred within the City of Los Angeles.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- No one was injured as a result of this incident.
- There are no known suspects.
- The incident did not occur on the state highway.
- No firearms were involved in the incident.
- You must have internet access and an email address.
Once you have submitted your report:
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Anyone filing a false police report may be prosecuted under California Penal Code section 148.5 PC. Filing a false police report is punishable by imprisonment in county jail not exceeding 6 months, or by fine not exceeding $1,000, or by both.
Upon Completion Of This Report Process You Will:
- See the words: Your online police report has been submitted.
- You will then immediately receive a temporary police report file number and an email informing you that we have received your report and that it is pending review. A temporary file number will appear in this format: T11000999. Temporary file numbers cannot be used for insurance purposes.
- If you do not receive an email with a temporary file number, please check your Spam or Junk-Email folder.
- A police officer will review your report and either Approve, Reject or request additional follow-up information from you. You will be advised via email of the status of your report. Do not reply via email to any of these automated messages as these accounts are not monitored. Follow the directions provided on how to respond regarding your report.
- Once your report is approved, you will receive a permanent report number this number appears in this format: 11-123456.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records only. This copy cannot be used for insurance purposes.
Dont Miss: Are Police Body Cameras Public Record
Finding The Descriptions Of Crimes For Different Penal Code Sections
Police records usually refer to penal code sections in describing crimes police are investigating.
For example, section 187 of the penal code is for homicides.
How can you find out which crimes the various sections of the state penal code stand for?
The Berkeley Police Department has a list of commonly used penal code sections and which crimes they refer to. Thats at:
At the site check the box next to Penal Code. In the search box type in the number for the penal code section youre interested in .
At the search results page, click on the first listing. That should give you the penal code section youre seeking .
Recommended Reading: How To Get A Police Report For A Car Accident
Read Also: How To Find Your Police Report
Instructions For In State Residents Requesting A New Jersey Fingerprint
Effective Applicants and/or Employers will have the ability to download the result of the Personal Record Request letter by clicking on the link below. This will begin for applicants that schedule appointments with IdentoGo on . In order to download the Personal Record Request letter Applicants and/or Employers will need the IdentoGo PCN, Last Name and Date of Birth as entered on IdentoGO form to be authenticated. The Applicants and/or Employers will have up to 90 days from the date fingerprinted to download the Personal Record Request letter. If after 90 days the Applicant will need to go through the Personal Record Request process again and be fingerprinted.
The Division of State Police, Criminal Information Unit provides fingerprint-based New Jersey criminal history record checks to any resident of the state of New Jersey requesting a copy of his/her own criminal history record. A personal record request is typically for the purpose of:
- GOOD CONDUCT
All Personal Record Requests are New Jersey state only searches.
The quickest and easiest way to schedule your appointment is via the World Wide Web at .
Appointment registration and location information will be available on the Idemia Universal Enrollment Platform , allowing applicants to schedule appointments using a unique Service Code for each agency/fingerprint reason.
Personal Records Request:
Will My Case Be Investigated
- Due to the nature of the reports filed they have no known suspects or information to follow up on we wont be able to investigate most cases.
- All cases filed through the online reporting system will be reviewed and will help us track crime trends and patterns.
- The reports filed online are also usually the quickest and easiest way to get a report for your insurance company.
Don’t Miss: How To Text The Police
Police Information Check Process Civil
The standard pre-employment, pre-volunteer check for the Regina Police Service is the Police Information Check.
Standard Police Information Check/Criminal Record Check The standard police information check includes in addition to a CPIC criminal record search, a check of the local indices of the Regina Police Service. The following information, if applicable, shall be included in the letter:
- All printable and non-printable convictions with respect to the subject which are found in the local records of the agency performing the Criminal Occurrence Security Check.Note: There is no time limit on the inclusion of convictions, other than what is stated in the Youth Criminal Justice Act for youth records, and in the Criminal Records Act for offences for which pardons have been granted and not revoked, absolute discharges, and conditional discharges.
- If someone has to be printed to confirm a criminal record in the National Repository, they will additionally receive a Certified Criminal Record from the National Repository in Ottawa.
- Apprehensions, orders, or other matters related to The Mental Health Services Act or to The Youth Drug Detoxification and Stabilization Act will not be disclosed.
In some cases, an organization may require a person obtain only a Certified Criminal Record Check or in addition, a Certified Criminal Record Check from Ottawa confirmed by prints. The standard Federal form is used to consent and print and can also be done by the Regina Police Service.
Why Are These The Only Crimes Shown
With the Police Reports Map and 9-1-1 Response Map, SPD is making almost all of our reports available online. The Department attempted to be very thoughtful about what information was released and what was not. These decisions were not made to hide types of crimes from the public, instead decisions were made about who to protect.
The only reports that are not being released under this system are when the rights of the victim, age of the victim, possibility of revictimization or overall public safety/security issues take clear precedence over the public right to know.
Information on Rape and other sexual offenses, Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, Kidnapping, Suicides, locations that are sensitive , Homeland Security issues and tactical information that might compromise the safety of our officers are not being released in this system.
If the event is one of the many types we do show, but the location code was entered into the system incorrectly, the location of the event cannot then be verified. In this scenario, this particular event will not appear on the map at all, rather than providing possibly misleading information.
You May Like: What Are The Requirements To Become A Police Officer
Also Check: When Do You Go To Police Academy
Alberta Car Accident Stats
Alberta traffic collisions are common. There are about 385 collisions in the province each day. These are just the reported collisions. In 2015 alone, there were :
- 140,705 collisions
Where and how do car accidents in Alberta happen?
- 84.1% occur in urban areas 15.9% in rural areas
- 26.4% are intersection related
- 3.4% of accidents involve a driver who has been drinking 0.3% impaired by drugs
- 25.7% of drivers in fatal collisions were reported as travelling at an unsafe speed
- Saturday recorded the most fatal collisions at 53 and Friday recorded the most injury collisions at 2,288
Why Cant I Report All Crimes Online
- Only crimes that have no suspects, are not in progress and do not involve injury can be reported online.
- Some crimes and incidents may require evidence collection or other investigative procedures requiring an officers involvement.
- Among others, online reporting is NOT appropriate for the following crimes or incidents:
- Incidents occurring within past 30 minutes
- Violent crimes, completed or attempted
- Sex crimes
Looking up a police report thats months or even decades old typically requires the same protocol as looking up recent reports. You can find it online, request it by mail or pick it up in person at the police station. Calling ahead to find out how long a records unit keeps reports is your best bet for finding a very old report. Police reports from the past may come in handy many years after an accident, incident or crime.
You May Like: How Do You Find A Police Report Online
Don’t Miss: How To Obtain A Police Report In Minnesota
Are Police Reports Public Records
Many types of police records are exempt from public disclosure. There are two main reasons why they arent publicly available. First, disclosing the information could undermine an ongoing investigation. Second, it could jeopardize someones privacy and safety. In some cases, departments will release certain information related to the report, such as to a reporter doing a story. However, they rarely release a full copy.
Can I File A Police Report Online
When you have witnessed a crime, it is understandable that you might feel some distress. Crime is a horrible thing to witness first-hand and seeing one on your doorstep or close to where you live can be a hard thing to process.
But it is important that if you do see a crime, no matter how minor, that you report it to the police. This will not only ensure that the victim of the crime sees justice but also that the perpetrator not only faces the consequences of their actions but will be unable to commit their crime again.
However, if you have witnessed a crime but have no idea how or what to report then you may feel just as stressed as when you first saw the crime itself. Unless you know how the criminal justice system works in America you wont know what the appropriate way is to report a crime.
So, if you are wondering can I file a police report online, then you are in luck because this article will set out whether or not you can file a police report online or not.
Don’t Miss: How To Get A Police Report In Florida
Hit And Run Police Report
Accidents involving a hit and run by one or more parties can result in serious penalties so it especially necessary to make a hit and run police report. Hit and runs are illegal and can result in license revocation and even criminal charges.
Filing a police report for a hit and run is imperative even if you do not have much information about the other party or their vehicle.
Request Forms For Ca Family Code :
Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Stalking, Human Trafficking, or Abuse of an Elder or Dependent Adult
California Family Code § 6228 provides that victims of the alleged crimes, listed above, may receive a copy of their incident report within five days of their request, free of charge. Due to the sensitive information included in the reports, SFPD protocol requires in-person identification verification. Victims or their designated representatives must either submit their request in-person or pick-up their incident report in person at CISU Records Management. For a list of acceptable forms of identification, please refer to Section 2 of the Request for Police Report: Family Code § 6228 form.
Recommended Reading: How To Report Domestic Violence To Police
You May Like: How Do I Make A Police Report Online
How To Request Records Contained In A Major Collision File
Major Collision Bureau investigates all Motor Vehicle Collisions resulting in a fatality or serious personal injury that occur in the Region of Peel.
If you are NOTthe Involved Party to the Collision
You must provide proof of relationship to the involved party and a signed consent on behalf of the involved individual.
If the Involved Individual is Deceased
You are required to provide an authorization from the legal representative or power of attorney with supporting documents.
***Do Not Send Payment Until You Have Been Invoiced***
Please contact Martine Renwick, Information and Privacy Unit at or email at for additional assistance.
Theft Of Personal Property From Your Home Or Person
If you believe that someone has stolen some of your property either from your house or person, then you should report this to your local police force. It is important to add some caveats to this, however. If you have been the subject of a burglary, then you should report the burglary and the stolen items via a more direct method such as ringing the police rather than submitting an online form.
Similarly, if the item that has been stolen is a firearm then you should report the theft to the Police Non-Emergency hotline rather than reporting it online because a firearm that has been stolen could easily end up causing a serious tragedy.
It is important to stress that you should only report theft of property using the online system if it is theft that is not the result of burglary, violence or any other such offence as they are more serious crimes and should be reported more directly to the police such as phoning or visiting a police station.
Read Also: Can I Go To Police Academy On My Own
Here To Help Whether Or Not You Report The Crime
Victim Support will help you whether you report the crime or not. Our service is confidential, and we wont pass on information to the police without your consent unless we think someone is at serious risk of harm and needs urgent help. Read more about our confidentiality policy.
Making A Freedom Of Information Request About The Criminal Justice System
The Freedom of Information Act gives you the right to request information about the criminal justice system held by public authorities, including UK police forces and prisons. You might not be supplied with the information you requested if it is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act. You can find out how to make a request here.
Police forces, prisons and other criminal justice organisations have already published some information under the Freedom of Information Act either in the normal course of business or in response to specific requests. Before making a request, check the appropriate website to see if they have already published the information you require. You can find police force websites by using the UK Police Service website. This provides links to all geographic and non-geographic police forces in the UK.
Don’t Miss: Where Do I Get A Police Report
Instructions For Making A Report Online
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software, or add this site to your pop-up blocker exception list, before filing the report. This system utilizes pop-up windows to complete online reports.
Upon completion of the initial online report process, you will:
- See the words: Your online report has been submitted showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the temporary police report to keep for your records.
- You must have a valid email address to file a report online
- All incidents reported online will be reviewed by police personnel before your report will be accepted.
- Once your report has been approved, a case number will be assigned and you will receive a PDF copy of the official police report as an email attachment .
- If further investigation is needed, you may be contacted by police personnel.
- Reports that are incomplete or do not meet the minimum reporting requirements as specified above will be rejected.
How To Obtain A Traffic Accident Report
Join 1,972,984 Americans who searched DMV.orgfor car insurance rates:
A police report contains the facts and circumstances behind an auto accident. Car damage, passenger and driver injuries, witness names its all there.
Should the accident become a legal matter, the report serves as your paper truth, making it a must read for you, your traffic attorney, and your car insurance agent.
You May Like: What Do You Need To Become A Police
Our Commitment To Your Privacy
KidsLiveSafe.com is a website owned and operated by Scalable Commerce, LLC . We understand how important your privacy is to you, so we are committed to assuring your privacy. This page outlines all of the steps we take to protect your privacy and what we do with your information that you provide to us through our Site.