File Police Reports Online
In case you did not know, you can file a police report through our website. The Sheriffs Online Report Tracking System allows you to file a specific type of crime or incident report.
Once your report is reviewed and accepted, you will receive a free copy of the approved report via email for your records. All cases filed within this system will be reviewed.
If you are a victim of any of these incidents, you can file a police report using SORTS:
- Lost or stolen cell phones valued $950 or less
- Lost or stolen property valued $950 or less
- Vandalism, excluding graffiti, where damage is valued under $400
- Theft from an unlocked vehicle valued $950 or less
- Theft from an open or unsecured area valued $950 or less
- Supplemental Loss Form
Department policy will dictate the level of investigation needed for the incident you report to us. A Deputy Sheriff may need to follow-up by email, telephone, or in person, if the incident requires further investigation.
If you need to file a police report, click on the link File a Report to start the process today.
In case you did not know, you can file a police report through our website. The Sheriff’s Online Report Tracking System
- Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department
- 211 W Temple St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Reports You Cannot Submit Online
- House and business break and enters
- Domestic disputes
- Theft of a vehicle
- Any type of fraud resulting in the loss of funds/personal information or property, including fraudulent use of debit or credit cards
- Incidents that involve lost / stolen citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, immigration documents, government cheques, or cash from the government
- Incidents involving firearms
- Stolen property for sale online such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
These crimes may require a dispatched call. Please phone the Police non-emergency line 266-1234.
FOR EMERGENCIES OR CRIMES IN PROGRESS CALL 9-1-1.
Crimes In Progress Or Just Witnessed
If a crime is in progress, or you have just witnessed or experienced a crime, try to get to safety first.
- immediately and try to stay calm.
- Be alert of your surroundings and try to make mental notes.
- When talking to the 911 dispatcher, keep in mind the following:
- The first question you will be asked is, “Where is your emergency?”
- Give the dispatcher as specific an address as possible.
- If you don’t know the exact address, try to provide a street name or to identify landmarks around you. It is extremely important to provide as much detail about your location as possible.
All 911 calls can be connected to a translator if foreign language assistance is needed. Do not make prank calls to 911. Prank 911 calls, which take dispatchers away from callers whose lives might be in danger, are punishable by law.
Citizen Online Police Reporting System
Welcome to the Saskatoon Police Service Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this Citizens Online Police Reporting System allows you to submit a non urgent report immediately.
You may also print a copy of both the Temporary and the Permanent police report for your personal records only. These copies cannot be used for insurance purposes
What Do I Do If I Have Problems Or Am Not Able To Complete An Online Crime Report
You may be able to file your report by phone by calling police communications at 408-277-8900 Monday through Friday, from Noon to 4:00PM or, you may visit the police administration building and make your report to an officer at the information desk.
Don’t Miss: Can I Listen To Local Police Scanners Online
You Cannot File A Report Online If
- A threat was made or violence was used during the incident. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you are no longer in danger, please call us at 613-236-1222, extension 7300.
- Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident. Please call 613-236-1222, extension 7300 to file a report.
- The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa. Please contact the police service in the city where the incident happened to file a report.
- The stolen property is a passport
- The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number. Please contact your service provider to get a replacement.
File A Police Report Online:
If you have an email address you can file an online police report for many types of crime by clicking below on the language of your choice.
Powered by CopLogic. Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing your report. Note that we cannot accept online reports involving known suspects, suspect descriptions or surveillance records.
Also Check: When Is Shift Change For Police
How To Report Your Situation
Welcome to the Fontana Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1. Using the Online Citizen Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please review the Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions to see if online police reporting is the best option for you.
Types of ReportsUsing the Fontana Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents :
Online reports are for documentation purposes only and in most cases you will not be contacted by the Police Department. All online reports will be reviewed but most will not result in additional follow up. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Filing A Telephone Report
What If I Need To Change My Report After I File It
You will have the ability to file online supplemental reports. If you have already filed a report through the online system, we strongly encourage you to continue to update and add information through this system. This decreases the risk of filing the same report twice, and also makes it easier to keep your information tied to the correct report number.
You will need either:
- Your temporary transaction
- Your police report number
Will My Case Be Investigated
- Due to the nature of the reports filed – they have no known suspects or information to follow up on – we won’t be able to investigate most cases.
- All cases filed through the online reporting system will be reviewed and will help us track crime trends and patterns.
- The reports filed online are also usually the quickest and easiest way to get a report for your insurance company.
You May Like: What Do You Need To Join The Police Force
San Jose Police Department Ca
Apps for Android and iPhone!
P3 Tips Mobile enables tipsters to submit secure and anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers.
- Include images and video with your tips
- Anonymous two-way dialogue
- Real-time chat with your police department.
Get the App…
If this is an emergency or the crime is in progress, please call 911 or 277-8911.
If you want to provide a crime tip, visit the Crime Stoppers website at www.svcrimestoppers.org.
How To Request Records Contained In A Major Collision File
Major Collision Bureau investigates all Motor Vehicle Collisions resulting in a fatality or serious personal injury that occur in the Region of Peel.
If you are NOTthe Involved Party to the Collision
You must provide proof of relationship to the involved party and a signed consent on behalf of the involved individual.
If the Involved Individual is Deceased
You are required to provide an authorization from the legal representative or power of attorney with supporting documents.
***Do Not Send Payment Until You Have Been Invoiced***
Please contact Martine Renwick, Information and Privacy Unit at or email at for additional assistance.
Recommended Reading: What Education Is Needed For Police Officer
Criteria For Filing An Online Report:
- This is not an Emergency
- The incident does not involve personal violence nor a hate crime
- You must have a valid email address to use this system. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
- There are no known suspects – either person or vehicle – and there is no visible physical evidence at the scene
- If the incident occurred on a provincial highway or outside the Saskatoon Police Service jurisdictional limits – refer to the FAQ.
- Only the below types of reports are allowed to be completed online – see definitions for each type.
- Reports may not be filed on behalf of a 3rd party except in the case of children. Reports must be filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.
If your incident falls within the above criteria, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Note: Only information fields noted with the red * are mandatory.
Online Police Report Faq
Some types of crimes can be reported using the “CopLogic” online reporting application.
You may be able to file an incident report online, and once it has been processed, receive a Police Report that can be used for insurance purposes.
The Police online reporting systems and procedures do not accept crime reports for any crime types other than those listed below.
You must CALL Police Communications to report ALL OTHER CRIME TYPES, by telephoning: 277-8900.
- Defrauding an Innkeeper
- Fraudulent use of Credit / Debit card
- Harassing Communications
Also Check: Does The Gi Bill Cover Police Academy
Using This System Allows You To Submit A Report Immediately
How to Report a CrimePlease confirm the following to find out if online filing is right for you:
For emergencies, please call .For non-emergencies you may also call .
Types of incidents that can be reported online:
- Custody Order Violation
- Harassing Phone Calls excluding threats of imminent harm or death
- Hit & Run Property damage only
- Lost Property
- Theft Except motor vehicles and license plates
- Supplemental Property Form Add additional property to your original case number
- Vandalism Excluding graffiti
- Vehicle Burglary
Upon completion of this process you will: See the words: Your report has been submitted showing that your report is complete. You will also be given a temporary case number and be able to print a copy of the report to keep for your records.
Please Note: All cases filed online will be reviewed. Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted. Filing a false police report is a crime.
How To Use The Citizens Online Reporting Tool
- COVID NOTICE: Filing a Police Report During Coronavirus
At this time, the online police reporting application may only be completed in English. If you need to file a police report in any other language, please call 3-1-1 or 9-1-1, instead. Interpreters are available to assist. If this is an EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY
Also Check: Can I Find My Police Report Online
How To Report A Crime
This section provides information about how to report a crime in progress or a crime that has already happened. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911. You can report a crime and receive assistance from the police regardless of your age or immigration status.Learn more about the rights of crime victims
When Should I Call Police Instead
- If you have a known suspect. If you know the name or address of the suspect, or if you know the license plate of the vehicle associated to the suspect, please contact Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311
- If the value of theft, loss or property damage is more than $10,000.00
- If your vehicle has been stolen
- If the incident occurred outside of Brampton or Mississauga. Please contact the police service responsible for the area in which the incident occurred
- If someone broke into, or attempted to break into your home, garage or business
- If this is the theft or loss of a firearm
- If this is related to any form of personal violence, including domestic violence.
- If this is related to any kind of vandalism or graffiti that could be hate motivated
- If this is related to a traffic complaint that is in progress
Don’t Miss: How To Become A Police Officer In Washington Dc
Reports You Can Submit Online
- Theft from vehicle no limit on value of property
- Theft of property no limit on value of property
- Theft of credit or debit card – regardless of fraudulent use.
- Mischief to vehicle such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision such as paint transfer
- Mischief to property such as vandalism
- Lost property with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government issued documents.
- Attempted stolen vehicle regardless of damage value
- Break & enter an unlocked premise Entry gained by unknown persons to detached garages, secure parkades, vehicle parkades, porches, sheds, storage lockers and laundry rooms. If entry occurs by forced or kicked indoor, or lock cut then report should be reported to 403-266-1234.
- Theft from a parkade or vehicle parked in a parkade only if no forced entry, otherwise call 403-266-1234.
- Theft of mail including deliveries from postal services such as UPS.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
Note: Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
What Happens After I File A Report
Employee Commendations And Complaints
The Yakima Police Department is committed to upholding public trust by conducting unbiased, impartial, and objective investigations into criminal and administrative allegations of police employee misconduct. Each investigation shall strive to balance the need for community accountability while ensuring all the protections and rights of the accused throughout the process. The Department will accept and address all complaints of misconduct in accordance with this policy and applicable federal, state and local law, municipal and county rules and the requirements of any memorandum of understanding or collective bargaining agreements.
It is also the policy of this department to ensure that the community can report misconduct without concern for reprisal or retaliation. If you have a concern about an officers actions please tell us what happened.