Lost Or Mislaid Property
You have lost or mislaid your property. For example, you spend the day running errands and when you get home you notice your sunglasses are missing. You cannot specifically remember where you last saw them.
If you can remember the last location of the item, do not use this report type report the item as a theft. For example, you leave your phone on the table at a restaurant. After leaving you realize you forgot your phone. Upon returning to the restaurant the phone is gone and has not been turned into the business.
After Submitting The Report
- Once the report has been submitted you will receive an on-screen prompt advising you that the report has been submitted along with a temporary case number. A representative of the Tampa Police Department will then review the case within 5 business days. Upon approval, you will be notified by email that the case has been approved and be given the permanent case number.
- If the case is rejected by a Tampa Police Department representative, you will be notified by email of the reason for the rejection and what further action is needed on your part.
- REMINDER: Under Florida State Statute 817.49, filing a False Police Report is a First Degree Misdemeanor punishable by a fine up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment not to exceed one year.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on “Start a Police Report” to begin.
Is Online Filing Right For You
If you agree with all 5 statements below, then online filing will work for you:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Santa Fe city limits.
- There are no known suspects.
- There is no video of the incident
- This did not occur on a state highway or freeway.
If you agree with all 5 statements above, you are ready to file your report online.NOTE: Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
If you disagree with any of the statements above and need additional information, please contact the Santa Fe Police Department at 505-428-3710
Also Check: How To Become A Police Officer Alabama
Citizen Online Report Entry
If your incident:
- Requires IMMEDIATE police attendance or a lengthy on-scene investigation
- Is related to Domestic Violence
- Involves an Emotionally Disturbed Person
- Involves the reporting of Theft of E-Bike
- Is motivated by hate bias
Please call the Toronto Police at 416-808-2222 and DO NOT submit your report online.If this is an emergency, please call 911.
In order for the Toronto Police Service to process your CORE report, the following information is MANDATORY
- Your EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER and other contact information.
- The INCIDENT START AND END DATE
- The LOCATION of the incident, including the place or area your property was believed stolen.
- Please CREATE A SEPARATE PROPERTY ENTRY for EACH piece of property that you are reporting stolen.
The accuracy of the information you provide in the report greatly assists the Toronto Police Service in investigating your report. Please ensure it is as COMPLETE AND CONCISE as possible.
If you have filed a report online and would like to add/change/update your report, please submit a Supplemental Report.
It is the policy of the Toronto Police Service to not accept reports of non-emergency incidents that occur outside of the City of Toronto.
Crimes Not In Progress
Depending on where the crime occurred, you may report the crime to agencies such as the MTA police, NY State Police, or Port Authority Police, if the location of the crime falls within their respective jurisdictions. Otherwise, for certain report types, you can file an online police report or you can visit your local precinct.
Don’t Miss: Can I Pick Up A Police Report For Someone Else
What Types Of Reports Can I File Online
- Damage/Mischief to Motor Vehicle under $10,000.00
- Damage/Mischief to Property under $10,000.00
- Lost Property under $10,000.00
- Theft of Property – under $10,000.00
- Theft from Motor Vehicle – under $10,000.00
- Supplemental Report
- Driving Complaints Road Watch:- Constant Neighborhood traffic related issues- School bus violations.
Start An Online Police Report In: English
FILING A FALSE POLICE REPORT IS A CRIME
If your incident did not meet the criteria for online reporting, please dial 1-877-ASK-LAPD
for Non-Emergency Police Response.
Welcome to the Los Angeles Police Department Community Online Reporting Service. Using this service allows you to submit select police reports at your convenience.
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY OR CRIME IN PROGRESS, PLEASE CALL 911.
To File an Illegal Dumping Report Online:
- Illegal Dumping: Willfully or intentionally depositing, dropping, dumping, placing, or throwing onto public or private property. Illegal dumping is reported and handled by the City of Los Angeles Department of Sanitation. Please to file a report.
Your incident must meet the following criteria:
- The incident is not an emergency.
- The incident occurred within the City of Los Angeles.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- No one was injured as a result of this incident.
- There are no known suspects.
- The incident did not occur on the state highway.
- No firearms were involved in the incident.
- You must have internet access and an email address.
Once you have submitted your report:
- Filing a false police report is a crime. Anyone filing a false police report may be prosecuted under California Penal Code section 148.5 PC. Filing a false police report is punishable by imprisonment in county jail not exceeding 6 months, or by fine not exceeding $1,000, or by both.
Recommended Reading: What Is The Training To Become A Police Officer
Citizens Online Police Reporting System
If this is an emergency please call 911. Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following by using the respective resource to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an emergency:
Theft Of A License Plate
Someone has stolen one or both of the license plates from your vehicle. It does not matter if the licenses plates were expired. You may also report a missing temporary tag. You will need the license plate and VIN number for the vehicle that had the plates stolen.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once reported, the license plate or temporary tag will be entered into national law enforcement databases as “stolen”.To avoid an unnecessary interaction with officers, you MUST contact your local office of the Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles to obtain new license plates or a temporary tag. DO NOT DRIVEa vehicle with a license plate attached that has been reported and entered as stolen.
You May Like: Do You Get Paid For Police Training
Welcome To The Cincinnati Police Department’s Citizens Online Crime Reporting System The Online Crime Reporting System Is Designed To Make It Easier And More Convenient To File A Police Report Without Leaving Home However Not Every Crime Can Be Reported Using This Online System
If this is an Emergency please dial 9-1-1 immediately If a crime is in progress or someone is hurt, threatened, or in danger, dial 9-1-1 immediately.
Using the Cincinnati Police Department’s Online Citizen Crime Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
This system can be used to report the following incidents:
Property Damage – Accidental Lost Property Harassing Phone Call
Property Damage – Intentional Theft from Motor Vehicle Petty Theft
Users who answer yes to any of the questions below must call the Cincinnati Police Department’s Non Emergency number 513-765-1212 to determine if an officer will respond to take a report. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
- Is this is an Emergency or is a crime in progress?
- Do you have suspect information, even if vague who might have committed the crime ?
- Are you reporting a stolen license plate?
- Are you reporting a auto accident or ahit skip?
- Are you reporting a theft offense of stolen property valued at more than $3,000?
- Are you reporting a theft offense, and the stolen property is a firearm , license plates, a stolen motor vehicle, or hazardous material?
- Are you reporting intentionalProperty Damage, and the damage is valued at more than $3,000?
- Is there evidence to indicate that this is a hate crime or bias related?
- Is there any physical evidence connected to the crime that needs to be collected ?
Reporting Crimes & Incidents
If you’ve been the victim of a crime it’s really important to report it. We know that sometimes its not easy to decide to come forward. But we also know that if no one reports a crime, its as if it never happened.
If no one reports a crime, the criminal is free to commit more crime, damaging more communities and individuals.
Its also important to report crime for your own practical purposes, like getting a Police Report number so that you can make an insurance claim.
You May Like: How To Report Abuse To Police
Upon Completion Of This Process You Will:
- See the words: “Your report has been submitted” showing that your report is complete.
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print a draft copy of the report to keep for your records.
- Once the report is approved, a Federal Way case number and copy of report will be emailed.
- Reports that do not meet the above online reporting requirements will be rejected.
File A Restraining Order
If you’re in an emergency situation, call 911.
If you’ve been a victim of domestic abuse and want to take legal action, you may be able to file for a protective order. Protective orders are also known as restraining orders or injunctions.
The process for obtaining a protective order differs from state to state. Your local police and court can help you get the process started. Contact your state, county, or municipal court for more information.
Generally, you have to fill out paperwork and submit it to the county courthouse. If you need protection right away, a judge may issue a temporary restraining order. To get a longer-term order, your judge may want either or both a full court hearing and your abuser’s presence.
The police can enforce a protective order. If necessary, the order can include special provisions like:
Custody of children
Forcing the abuser to leave a home
In some states, a protective order requires the abuser to surrender all firearms.
Don’t Miss: How Many Police Are Killed Each Year
Benefits Of An Online Report
When a citizen files a police report online, it saves them time by allowing the citizen to fill out the report at a date and time of their choosing. No waiting! Crimes or incidences that are appropriate for filing online are most any crimes that are not in-progress where there is no known suspect where the crime occurred within the City of Napa limits and did not occur on a State Freeway. Examples of these crimes are: lost property, theft, vandalism to property, vehicle burglary, and vehicle vandalism.
Complaints About Police Officers
If you have experienced police misconduct:
- Contact the law enforcement agency involved.
- Submit your complaint in writing to the chief of police or the head of the law enforcement agency involved.
- Send a copy of your complaint to the Internal Affairs Division of the law enforcement agency. Be sure to keep a copy for yourself.
If the problem remains unresolved, learn how to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice’s Civil Rights Division.
Finally, as with any potential legal dispute, you may want to contact a licensed attorney.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Police Clearance Certificate In Usa
When Should I Call Police Instead
- If you have a known suspect. If you know the name or address of the suspect, or if you know the license plate of the vehicle associated to the suspect, please contact Peel Regional Police at 905-453-3311
- If the value of theft, loss or property damage is more than $10,000.00
- If your vehicle has been stolen
- If the incident occurred outside of Brampton or Mississauga. Please contact the police service responsible for the area in which the incident occurred
- If someone broke into, or attempted to break into your home, garage or business
- If this is the theft or loss of a firearm
- If this is related to any form of personal violence, including domestic violence.
- If this is related to any kind of vandalism or graffiti that could be hate motivated
- If this is related to a traffic complaint that is in progress
How To File A Report
Here are the steps users will follow to file a report online:
Using the Online Reporting Tool, you can report the following types of incidents:
- Lost property
- Destruction of property
- Damage to property
*Thefts, in which your checkbook, debit, credit card, social security card or social security number, etc. may have been stolen and/or used to purchase other items or services, are considered credit card fraud and/or identity theft, and should not be filed online using this application.
Find Your Nearest Police District
If your report does not qualify for Online Reporting, you can call 911 or visit your nearest Police District.
Before You File a Report
In order to make a report using the Online Reporting Tool, please ensure that ALL of the following conditions are present:
What Happens Next
Also Check: Can You Be A Police Officer With A Dui
You Cannot File A Report Online If
- A threat was made or violence was used during the incident. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you are no longer in danger, please call us at 613-236-1222, extension 7300.
- Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident. Please call 613-236-1222, extension 7300 to file a report.
- The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa. Please contact the police service in the city where the incident happened to file a report.
- The stolen property is a passport
- The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number. Please contact your service provider to get a replacement.
Reports You Cannot Submit Online
- House and business break and enters
- Domestic disputes
- Theft of a vehicle
- Any type of fraud resulting in the loss of funds/personal information or property, including fraudulent use of debit or credit cards
- Incidents that involve lost / stolen citizenship cards, permanent resident cards, immigration documents, government cheques, or cash from the government
- Incidents involving firearms
- Stolen property for sale online such as on Kijiji, Craigslist, Facebook, etc.
These crimes may require a dispatched call. Please phone the Police non-emergency line 266-1234.
FOR EMERGENCIES OR CRIMES IN PROGRESS CALL 9-1-1.
Also Check: How To Find A Police Report For A Car Accident
Reports You Can Submit Online
- Theft from vehicle no limit on value of property
- Theft of property no limit on value of property
- Theft of credit or debit card – regardless of fraudulent use.
- Mischief to vehicle such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision such as paint transfer
- Mischief to property such as vandalism
- Lost property with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government issued documents.
- Attempted stolen vehicle regardless of damage value
- Break & enter an unlocked premise Entry gained by unknown persons to detached garages, secure parkades, vehicle parkades, porches, sheds, storage lockers and laundry rooms. If entry occurs by forced or kicked indoor, or lock cut then report should be reported to 403-266-1234.
- Theft from a parkade or vehicle parked in a parkade only if no forced entry, otherwise call 403-266-1234.
- Theft of mail including deliveries from postal services such as UPS.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
Note: Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
File A Police Report Online
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1
For NON-EMERGENCY Dispatch: 353-2231For FRONT DESK Police Assistant: 353-2248
Please confirm the following:
- Did this incident occur outside the Sparks Police Department City limits?
- Is this a vehicle burglary or theft with a loss greater than $5,000.00?
If you answered NO to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. If you answered YES to any of the questions, you cannot use the online reporting process to file a report online. If you answered yes to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section below to determine which option is best for you.
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your report
- Yourself: Who is reporting
- Incident: When and where it happened and your detailed description of the event
- Persons: Who are witnesses or other victims
- Vehicle: What vehicle was involved in the incident
- Property: What was lost, stolen, or damaged
Reporting an Incident
Using the Sparks Police Department Online Reporting System, you can report the following incidents. Select an incident type to get started:
Phone reports are also available through our Front Desk Police Assistants during the hours listed above.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
You May Like: Can Police Track A Burner Phone