How To Report A Crime In San Francisco
Make the right call!
Dial only in an emergency
It is an emergency if: there is an immediate threat to you or others the crime involves a weapon the crime is in progress or you know the suspects location.
If it is not an emergency, you will get help most quickly by calling our non-emergency line, at for crimes that occurred in San Francisco.
File A Police Report Online:
If you have an email address you can file an online police report for many types of crime by clicking below on the language of your choice.
Powered by CopLogic. Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing your report. Note that we cannot accept online reports involving known suspects, suspect descriptions or surveillance records.
San Jose Police Department Ca
Apps for Android and iPhone!
P3 Tips Mobile enables tipsters to submit secure and anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers.
- Include images and video with your tips
- Anonymous two-way dialogue
- Real-time chat with your police department.
Get the App…
If this is an emergency or the crime is in progress, please call 911 or 277-8911.
If you want to provide a crime tip, visit the Crime Stoppers website at www.svcrimestoppers.org.
Also Check: How To Make A Police Report Over The Phone
How We Can Help
Our Police Assistance Line and online reporting service allows you to report non-urgent crimes or events 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Police Assistance Line and online reporting service cannot assist with urgent matters. In an emergency, always call for immediate police attendance.
Before You File A Police Report Online
Filing a false police report is a crime.
Before filing a police report online you must verify you meet the criteria listed below:
- Incident happened in Unincorporated Hillsborough County
- These city limits are NOT unincorporated Hillsborough County:
- Plant City
Recommended Reading: When Does Police Use Of Force Become Excessive Or Unjustified
Using Online Police Reports
The following reports are appropriate for filing an Online Police Report:
- Additional Loss List
- Attempted Auto Theft or Vehicle Tampering
- Vehicle Burglary
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Identity Theft
To use the online reports form, please confirm:
It is NOT an emergency.
The incident does not involve domestic violence, child abuse, elder abuse, or a stolen vehicle.
The incident occurred within Stockton city limits.
If you answered “yes” to all of the above questions, you can file your report online.
Upon completing the report, print a free copy of the report for your records and look for:
- Confirmation text: “Your report has been submitted.”
- Temporary case number
How To Report A Crime Over The Internet
You can report certain types of minor crime committed in British Columbia online. The Vancouver, Victoria and Surrey police department websites offer online crime reporting.
To report a crime in:
If you live outside these areas, please call your local police or visit their website to find out what options are available in your community for reporting a crime online.
Reporting a crime online is only appropriate in non-urgent situations. Remember to always call 911 for emergencies.
You May Like: How To Get A Police Report From Another State
Welcome To The City Of West Palm Beach Police Citizen Online Reporting System
IF THIS IS AN EMERGENCY, CALL 911
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and obtain an unofficial copy of the police report for your records. Before using the online reporting system, be aware that the incident must meet the following conditions.
- This is not an emergency
- This incident occurred within the West Pam Beach City limits
- There are no known suspects
- This means neither you nor someone else knows the person who committed the crime or their location.
- This did not occur on a state highway
- This means I-95 or the Florida Turnpike
- You must have a valid return email address in order to file this on line report
- You must be 18 years of age or older to file an on line report
Ready to file an on line police report? Make sure you have the following information to submit your report:
- When the incident happened
- Where the incident occurred
- Who is reporting this incident
- Who is involved in this incident
- If this report involves property
What to expect after you file your report
- You will see the words your report has been submitted. This means that your online report has been received by the West Palm Beach Police online reporting system.
- Your report will automatically be assigned a Temporary Report Number. You will be able to immediately print a copy of the temporary report.
- All submitted reports will be reviewed. Upon review, you may be contacted if further information is needed.
Questions or comments: email to
Filing A Telephone Report
You May Like: Do I Need A Police Report For An Accident
Damage/ Mischief To Property
Has someone damaged, defaced or vandalized public or private property? This may include:
- Breaking windows, mailboxes, throwing eggs, spray painting, writing or drawing on property.
- Accepted only if there are no known suspects.Please Note: If you were a victim of graffiti vandalism, paint vouchers and graffiti wipes are available for pick up at Police Headquarters.
To File A Police Report See Options Below
NOTICE: Please see below a breakdown of what you CAN and CANNOT file online. Any report filed online not meeting the below-listed requirements WILL BE REDIRECTED. Please read the information below carefully.
Types of Crime Reports That Can Be Filed Online:
- Harassing phone calls.
- Vehicle burglary: property stolen from a vehicle.
- Vehicle tampering, including vandalism.
- Theft unless it involves a residential or commercial burglary or the stolen property is a passport, Social Security card, firearm, license plate, car or electric vehicle, including electric bikes, wheelchairs and Segways. In those cases, call our non-emergency number at .
Types of Crime Reports That CANNOT Be Filed Online:
- Residential Burglaries
- Robbery Incidents
- Traffic Collisions AND Hit & Run Traffic Collisions
- Stolen Vehicles
- Stolen Electric Bicycles WITH Serial Numbers
- Cases WITH Suspect Names
For Crime Reports That CANNOT Be Filed Online, Please Go To Your Nearest Police Station.
You May Like: How To Get A Police Report For Identity Theft
Citizen Online Report Entry
If your incident:
- Requires IMMEDIATE police attendance or a lengthy on-scene investigation
- Is related to Domestic Violence
- Involves an Emotionally Disturbed Person
- Involves the reporting of Theft of E-Bike
- Is motivated by hate bias
Please call the Toronto Police at 416-808-2222 and DO NOT submit your report online.If this is an emergency, please call 911.
In order for the Toronto Police Service to process your CORE report, the following information is MANDATORY
- Your EMAIL ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER and other contact information.
- The INCIDENT START AND END DATE
- The LOCATION of the incident, including the place or area your property was believed stolen.
- Please CREATE A SEPARATE PROPERTY ENTRY for EACH piece of property that you are reporting stolen.
The accuracy of the information you provide in the report greatly assists the Toronto Police Service in investigating your report. Please ensure it is as COMPLETE AND CONCISE as possible.
If you have filed a report online and would like to add/change/update your report, please submit a Supplemental Report.
It is the policy of the Toronto Police Service to not accept reports of non-emergency incidents that occur outside of the City of Toronto.
What Happens After I File A Report
Recommended Reading: How To Report Car Accident To Police
How To Report Your Situation
Welcome to the Fontana Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1. Using the Online Citizen Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Please review the Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions to see if online police reporting is the best option for you.
Types of ReportsUsing the Fontana Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents :
Online reports are for documentation purposes only and in most cases you will not be contacted by the Police Department. All online reports will be reviewed but most will not result in additional follow up. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Step : Make Sure Your Occurrence Can Be Reported Online
Use the information below to see if you can use this system. If your occurrence qualifies for online reporting, proceed to the next step. If your occurrence does not qualify for online reporting, it cannot be accepted by the officer managing online reporting. These occurrences require contact with a local OPP officer for investigation. Please call the OPP toll-free at 1-888-310-1122 to file a report. Links to external websites including those with video, digital images or documents that are not supported by this application cannot be managed through this online reporting service. Please include a narrative description of the occurrence if you will be filing an online report.
Also Check: How To Train A Dog To Be A Police Dog
Criteria For Filing An Online Report:
- This is not an Emergency
- The incident does not involve personal violence nor a hate crime
- You must have a valid email address to use this system. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose.
- There are no known suspects – either person or vehicle – and there is no visible physical evidence at the scene
- If the incident occurred on a provincial highway or outside the Saskatoon Police Service jurisdictional limits – refer to the FAQ.
- Only the below types of reports are allowed to be completed online – see definitions for each type.
- Reports may not be filed on behalf of a 3rd party except in the case of children. Reports must be filed by the actual complainant, owner or authorized representative.
If your incident falls within the above criteria, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Note: Only information fields noted with the red * are mandatory.
What Types Of Reports Can I File Online
- Damage/Mischief to Motor Vehicle under $10,000.00
- Damage/Mischief to Property under $10,000.00
- Lost Property under $10,000.00
- Theft of Property – under $10,000.00
- Theft from Motor Vehicle – under $10,000.00
- Supplemental Report
- Driving Complaints Road Watch:- Constant Neighborhood traffic related issues- School bus violations.
Recommended Reading: How To Apply To Be A Police Officer In California
Online Police Report Faq
Some types of crimes can be reported using the “CopLogic” online reporting application.
You may be able to file an incident report online, and once it has been processed, receive a Police Report that can be used for insurance purposes.
The Police online reporting systems and procedures do not accept crime reports for any crime types other than those listed below.
You must CALL Police Communications to report ALL OTHER CRIME TYPES, by telephoning: 277-8900.
- Defrauding an Innkeeper
- Fraudulent use of Credit / Debit card
- Harassing Communications
What Do I Do If I Have Problems Or Am Not Able To Complete An Online Crime Report
You may be able to file your report by phone by calling police communications at 408-277-8900 Monday through Friday, from Noon to 4:00PM or, you may visit the police administration building and make your report to an officer at the information desk.
Recommended Reading: How To File A Police Report Online Chicago
How To Use The Citizens Online Reporting Tool
- COVID NOTICE: Filing a Police Report During Coronavirus
At this time, the online police reporting application may only be completed in English. If you need to file a police report in any other language, please call 3-1-1 or 9-1-1, instead. Interpreters are available to assist. If this is an EMERGENCY, CALL 9-1-1 IMMEDIATELY
Citizen Online Police Reporting System
Welcome to the Saskatoon Police Service Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this Citizens Online Police Reporting System allows you to submit a non urgent report immediately.
You may also print a copy of both the Temporary and the Permanent police report for your personal records only. These copies cannot be used for insurance purposes
You May Like: How Much Is It To Get Into The Police Academy
What If I Need To Change My Report After I File It
You will have the ability to file online supplemental reports. If you have already filed a report through the online system, we strongly encourage you to continue to update and add information through this system. This decreases the risk of filing the same report twice, and also makes it easier to keep your information tied to the correct report number.
You will need either:
- Your temporary transaction
- Your police report number
You Cannot File A Report Online If
- A threat was made or violence was used during the incident. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you are no longer in danger, please call us at 613-236-1222, extension 7300.
- Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident. Please call 613-236-1222, extension 7300 to file a report.
- The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa. Please contact the police service in the city where the incident happened to file a report.
- The stolen property is a passport
- The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number. Please contact your service provider to get a replacement.
Don’t Miss: How To Become A K9 Police Dog Trainer
Are You The Victim Of Mischief Theft Vandalism Or Graffiti
You can complete a police report online without having to go to the local station. If the offence did not take place in the Montréal Island area, you will have to contact the local police department where it occurred.
If there was a suspect or witness, or if the incident had a hateful connotation,
If you have been a victim of a telemarketing fraud or pyramid sales scheme, you should contact the RCMP.
To report a hate incident, .
Since November 29th, 2018, hit and run reports that do not contain investigative elements cannot be submitted using the SPVM online report. From now on, citizens have to contact directly their insurance company.
5 types of reports may be done online.
|See pictures specifications|
After submitting the report, a temporary number will be automatically sent to you by email. All communication will be done by email. Your report will be reviewed and if any changes are required, you will be sent a request for changes. Once the report is corrected and approved, you will receive an official event number by email, as well as a PDF copy of the report.
Make sure you have a valid email address as well as the date and location of the crime and information on the vehicle involved, if applicable.
If you meet these criteria and the type of incident that occurred appears on the list above, you may file your report.
Avoid using special caracters when writting your report, such as /*+< > . Those may cause an error when subitting your file.
You Can Also Go Online To File A Supplemental Report
File a supplemental report if you want to add information to your original report or to a report that has previously been filed by an SFPD officer. To file a supplemental police report, click on the “File a Police Report” link above, select the appropriate incident type, follow the prompted questions, and select ‘supplemental report’ when prompted.
Use the supplemental report method to report:
- Additional property losses from the same crime
- Additional details to describe stolen property, such as a serial number.
When you have finished entering your report, a temporary report will be emailed to you. This report will not be official until it is approved. Once that happens, we will email you an official copy.
You May Like: How To Hire A Police Officer For A Party