What Types Of Reports Can I File Online
- Damage/Mischief to Motor Vehicle under $10,000.00
- Damage/Mischief to Property under $10,000.00
- Lost Property under $10,000.00
- Theft of Property – under $10,000.00
- Theft from Motor Vehicle – under $10,000.00
- Supplemental Report
- Driving Complaints Road Watch:- Constant Neighborhood traffic related issues- School bus violations.
Town Of Chapel Hill Nc
Our Virtual Report Unit is available to help you make certain non-emergency police reports by phone, in-person at the police department headquarters, or online at any time. If you need immediate assistance or need an officer to respond, call 911.
– call 919-968-2760. The line is answered Monday-Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. If you leave a voicemail your call will be returned within the day, however, if you need a quicker response, please call 911.
In-person – visit the Chapel Hill Police Department at 828 Martin Luther King, Jr. BLVD Monday- Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Online Reports **COMING SOON**
When you make a report online, we will review your information. If we need more information, we will contact you. Please be as accurate and detailed as you can. Within three days, you will receive a case number and final report by email.
If the incident took place outside of the Town of Chapel Hill, please call the police department or sheriffs office for the city or county where the incident took place.
If the incident happened on UNC’s Chapel Hill campus, please call the UNC Police Department at 919-962-3951.
Filing a false report is a crime.
These are the types of reports the Virtual Report Unit will take:
How To Make An Esignature For Your Police Report Template Blank Form In Chrome
The guidelines below will help you create an eSignature for signing blank police report in Chrome:
Once youve finished signing your police report template google docs, decide what you wish to do after that – save it or share the document with other parties involved. The signNow extension gives you a range of features for a better signing experience.
Recommended Reading: Who Makes The Best Police Scanner
What Is A Police Report
A police report is an important document stating a record of a criminal incident, such as assault, identify theft, or robbery, for example. Any representative in the police department can write a police report. Making a report needs to be dangerous because it involves legal procedures. The law enforcement team also writes them after someone reports an accident or crime to them.
Get A Copy Of Your Police Records
You have the right to ask for a copy of records the police have about you. This is called a subject access request.
You might need a subject access request if you move to another country.
A subject access request has records from:
- police forces in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Jersey and the Isle of Man
- the British Transport Police
You May Like: How To Become A Police Officer In Alabama
Lost Or Mislaid Property
You have lost or mislaid your property. For example, you spend the day running errands and when you get home you notice your sunglasses are missing. You cannot specifically remember where you last saw them.
If you can remember the last location of the item, do not use this report type report the item as a theft. For example, you leave your phone on the table at a restaurant. After leaving you realize you forgot your phone. Upon returning to the restaurant the phone is gone and has not been turned into the business.
Filing A Report Online
You May Like: How To Become A Police Officer In Atlanta
Reports You Can Submit Online
- Theft from vehicle no limit on value of property
- Theft of property no limit on value of property
- Theft of credit or debit card – regardless of fraudulent use.
- Mischief to vehicle such as vandalism, unless there is evidence of a collision such as paint transfer
- Mischief to property such as vandalism
- Lost property with the exception of government-issued ID such as passports. Please call your local district office to report lost government issued documents.
- Attempted stolen vehicle regardless of damage value
- Break & enter an unlocked premise Entry gained by unknown persons to detached garages, secure parkades, vehicle parkades, porches, sheds, storage lockers and laundry rooms. If entry occurs by forced or kicked indoor, or lock cut then report should be reported to 403-266-1234.
- Theft from a parkade or vehicle parked in a parkade only if no forced entry, otherwise call 403-266-1234.
- Theft of mail including deliveries from postal services such as UPS.
Filing a false police report is a crime.
Note: Please turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Stolen Car Police Report
If your car was stolen, it is strongly advised that you file stolen car police report. Not only does this catalyze the process of reclaiming your vehicle but it may keep you from being the responsible for any crimes committed with your car.
It is important to report a stolen car and obtain a police report so that you could also begin an insurance claim, even if you do not have comprehensive car insurance.
Read Also: How Do I Report Identity Theft To The Police
Bomb Threats By Telephone
If you receive a bomb threat over the telephone, Ready.gov provides the following information on what to do:
- Get as much information from the caller as possible. Try to ask the following questions:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is it right now?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
The Department of Homeland Security also provides a helpful telephone bomb threat checklist.
Get more information on what to do if you receive a bomb threat or find a suspicious item.
What Do I Do If I Have Problems Or Am Not Able To Complete An Online Crime Report
You may be able to file your report by phone by calling police communications at 408-277-8900 Monday through Friday, from Noon to 4:00PM or, you may visit the police administration building and make your report to an officer at the information desk.
Don’t Miss: How Do I Become A Police Dispatcher
How To Request Records Contained In A Major Collision File
Major Collision Bureau investigates all Motor Vehicle Collisions resulting in a fatality or serious personal injury that occur in the Region of Peel.
If you are NOTthe Involved Party to the Collision
You must provide proof of relationship to the involved party and a signed consent on behalf of the involved individual.
If the Involved Individual is Deceased
You are required to provide an authorization from the legal representative or power of attorney with supporting documents.
***Do Not Send Payment Until You Have Been Invoiced***
Please contact Martine Renwick, Information and Privacy Unit at or email at for additional assistance.
Damage/ Mischief To Property
Has someone damaged, defaced or vandalized public or private property? This may include:
- Breaking windows, mailboxes, throwing eggs, spray painting, writing or drawing on property.
- Accepted only if there are no known suspects.Please Note: If you were a victim of graffiti vandalism, paint vouchers and graffiti wipes are available for pick up at Police Headquarters.
You May Like: Who Are Police Looking For In My Area
Police Traffic Accident Report
These are reports completed by CSPD officers that detail the events of a traffic accident. Please note, if you filed your traffic accident report online or mailed your form to the State of Colorado Department of Motor Vehicles, the CSPD will not have a copy of your report. You will need to contact the Colorado State Patrol.
Citizen Online Police Reporting System
Welcome to the Saskatoon Police Service Citizens Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this Citizens Online Police Reporting System allows you to submit a non urgent report immediately.
You may also print a copy of both the Temporary and the Permanent police report for your personal records only. These copies cannot be used for insurance purposes
Don’t Miss: How To Get My Accident Police Report
How Do You File A Police Report
There are several ways to make a police report. You can file online, in-person, or even call depending on the nature of the crime you’re reporting. Here’s how to file a report using these methods:
|File Online||You can file an online police report for the crimes listed above. You’ll need a valid email address to file your online report and meet the criteria specified above.|
|Make a call||If your incident didn’t meet the criteria for online reporting, call a non-emergency police response. If it’s an emergency a crime that involves a weapon or possesses an immediate threat to those around dial 911.|
|In-Person||Alternatively, you can walk into a police station near where the incident transpired and file a report. The police will ask about the incident, location, your contact details, and evidence .|
Instructions And Help About Police Report Generator
so today we’re going to be talking about report writing and to ease the discussion along I’m going to be using as reference material my video entitled note-taking for police and security part 1 and take a seat look look we’re nearly starting with the orientation at the car here but we got calls from Barry and we got to get to them so we’re all like we’re gonna have to learn on the way alright today what note-taking for police and security part 1 gives you is the outline and notes that would be taken on scene from a very normal very typical very dare I say routine call that a lot of police officers and some security people get called to on a pretty regular basis so we are going to use those notes about someone’s mailbox getting hit and damaged and a officer coming to do a criminal damage to property report about that incident and we’re going to use it as the basis for the report writing video now it’s important to note that report writing can take months to learn and to even get the bas
Don’t Miss: How Hard Is It To Be A Police Officer
How Do I Get A Copy Of A Police Report
Police investigations may seem secretive, but did you know you can get your hands on a copy of an official police report? Whether youve been in a car accident, youve witnessed a crime, or you simply want to know about an incident that happened in your jurisdiction, there are steps you can take to request access to police reports.
The exact process may vary by jurisdiction, but it is generally the same across the country. Agencies have different policies for releasing sensitive information that is in police reports, so be sure to check with your local police department to confirm how they handle requests. As you are researching, you may find the request titled a Freedom of Information Request or a Public Access Request. Different areas use varying language, but they both mean the same thing and are referring to the Freedom of Information Act , which makes it entirely legal for citizens to request certain government information.
Reports will include details of the incident, where it took place, who was involved, witnesses, and much more essentially, it is anything that is even remotely relevant to the case. But keep in mind, you will not be able to receive a copy of a police report until after the police investigation has been closed.
So, how do you get a copy of this information? Check out the steps below.
You Cannot File A Report Online If
- A threat was made or violence was used during the incident. If you are in immediate danger, please dial 911. If you are no longer in danger, please call us at 613-236-1222, extension 7300.
- Evidence was left on the scene such as, but not limited to blood, tools, clothes or any item related to the incident. Please call 613-236-1222, extension 7300 to file a report.
- The incident being reported did not happen in Ottawa. Please contact the police service in the city where the incident happened to file a report.
- The stolen property is a passport
- The property lost is a cell phone, licence plate, bank card or government issued identification, with or without a serial number. Please contact your service provider to get a replacement.
You May Like: How To Report Abuse To Police
What Happens After I File A Report Online
- Upon submitting your completed report online, you will see the words Your online police report has been submitted indicating your report is complete.
- You will receive an email with a temporary case number until police have reviewed the report. Check your junk email folder if you do not receive the email in your inbox.
- Once a police officer has approved the online report, you will be notified and provided a permanent case number.
- The accuracy of the information you provide in the report greatly assists Peel Regional Police Service in investigating your incident. Please ensure the report is as complete and concise as possible.
How To Generate An Esignature For The Police Report Template Blank Form On Android Devices
In order to add an electronic signature to a blank police report, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
If you need to share the police report template google docs with other people, you can easily send the file by email. With signNow, you can eSign as many files in a day as you need at a reasonable cost. Begin automating your signature workflows today.
Also Check: How To Become A Memphis Police Officer
Take Note Of Those Involved
Another essential detail to take note of in your police report is to write down the information of the people who filed the report. It could be the victim themselves, an associate of theirs, or a bystander who saw the event. Take their information as well so that you can follow up on them for any more details.
Copy Of A Police Report
The VPD Correspondence Unit can provide a copy of a police report to you if you have reported or been involved in a property offence incident, such as:
- motor vehicle collisions where a police officer has completed an MV6020 report
With your consent, your insurance company can make this request on your behalf. In most cases, your police report number is sufficient for the VPD to find your file.
You May Like: Can You Carry A Gun Into A Police Station
Also Check: How Many People Are Shot By Police Each Year
How Long Will It Take To Get A Copy Of A Report Once It Is Requested
- In most cases, if you attend in person to obtain a report, it will be prepared while you wait. If the report is incomplete , it will be released to you when it is completed. There may be an additional wait time for archived reports.
- Requests by mail will be responded to by mail as promptly as possible.